Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Started Meeting

I attended the 3-Day for the Cure Getting Started Meeting. First let me tell you how excited I am for August.  I was very surprised by my response. I figured it would be informational and motivational but I wasn't anticipating it to be so emotional .  I got there and started looking at pictures of last years event and started to tear up. The facilitator started telling her story. Her mom is a cancer survivor. She put up a picture of her mom and her at the same age and they could have been twins. I will post pictures of Mom and I later but you can definitely tell where I get my looks.  Listening to her story made me tear up more. I basically cried the entire 1 1/2 hours I was there. I really didn't expect that reaction.

The one thing I did take away from the meeting  was the purpose of the walk isn't the actual walk.  The walk is just something big to raise awareness and more importantly funds for research to find a cure for this terrible disease. Komen knew that they needed to do something big to get the big money necessary to fund the breast cancer research.

I left the meeting super excited.  I can't wait to start sending out my fund raising letters and planning events. I am also excited to start training.  I am not sure which will be harder raising over $2,300 or forcing my body to walk 20 miles a day for 3 straight days.  Both are sounding kind of crazy right now.  The good news is that you can help with one of them.  There is a link on the right to donate.  You can help fund breast cancer research. Please give generously. There is an option that you can spread your donation over 4 months. Don't it just for me, do it for the ta tas of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment